November 21: Friday Night Kabbalat Shabbat Service
Potluck Dinner, Tzedakah Project, and a Sporty Shabbat – Feel Free to Invite Friends Imagine that you are going to learn how a service works by thinking athletically. Flex your prayer muscles with warm-up, first quarter play, halftime, and more! Wear your favorite team on your sleeve (or on your kepe) – t-shirts and caps are appropriate Shabbat wear at this service. Please remember to bring gently used coats and winter jackets for our tzedakah project in support of Crisis Assistance Ministry – we would like to help folks in need keep warm this winter!
Dinner begins at 6 p.m. – Service at 7:15 p.m.
November 22: Shabbat, Shabbat!
- 10-11 a.m. Torah Study with our ISJL Institute for Southern Jewish Life intern, Lex Rofes. Open to guests.
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. Young Adults at TOO meet with Lex
- 2:30-4:30 p.m. Religious School Teachers Meeting with Rabbi Barbara and Lex
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. Israel Literacy 101 – Adult Education session with Lex. Open to guests.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Jewish Musical Hour and Singalong with Rabbi Barbara, Ralf and Lex. Bring an instrument or drum if you’d like. Open to guests.
- 6:30-6:45 p.m. Havdalah. Open to guests.
- 6:45-9:00 p.m. Pizza and Salad for the Multitudes followed by Jewpardy with Lex. Open to guests.
If this is your first time visiting . . .
Temple Or Olam is a fully egalitarian, Jewish Renewal congregation. We are fans of great music, Shabbat services with soul, and tikkun olam.
Singles, couples and families – Jewish and interfaith alike – are part of our community. Temple Or Olam welcomes all persons equally, no matter their age, gender, race, life status, beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are affiliated with ALEPH, the Alliance for Jewish Renewal. Rabbi Dr. Barbara Thiede leads our services with boundless (and infectious) enthusiasm.
Temple Or Olam’s members hail from Concord, Kannapolis, Harrisburg, Davidson, Huntersville, Mooreseville, Statesville and Charlotte. We meet in Charlotte’s University City area at Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church. Our congregation is a place for growing Jewishly with ease and comfort, in the company of friends.
We hope to see you soon!